It’s time to welcome in the New Year: 2022! And we’re not just tip-toeing into January, we’re starting the year with a BANG! There’s no better way to do that than with some tantalizing, spicy recipes. Think: buffalo chicken, spicy sausage, and cheesy jalapeño.
Every New Year’s celebration is what you make it. And, this year, we’re going bold with optimism for the future and these piquant dishes. No matter how or where you’re celebrating this year, we hope you’re inspired by these three new recipes to start 2022 with a BANG!
You can have these sliders on the table in 30 minutes by splitting two sheets of Party Rolls crosswise and topping each bottom sheet with garlic mayonnaise, chopped jalapeños, ham, Swiss, and mozzarella cheese. Then, close the sliders and top with garlic butter and poppy seeds. Bake for 10-15 minutes and, voila! You have a snackable appetizer for your hungry crowd waiting for the ball to drop.
- 1 Pack Martin’s Party Potato Rolls
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 5 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Jalapeño Peppers, seeded and thinly chopped
- ½ lb of Deli Ham, sliced thin
- ½ lb of Swiss Cheese, sliced thin
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- Garlic Butter
- 8 Tablespoons Butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Poppy Seeds
Why it Works
The combination of cheese and spicy jalapeño is hard to resist (think: queso, jalapeño poppers, etc.), and this recipe is no exception. An irresistible, handheld snack, this recipe is great for hosting or toting along as a dish to share.
“Jalapeño Business” – Similar Recipes
- Firecracker Burger
- Crock Pot BBQ Brisket Sandwich with Jalapeño Cole Slaw
- Caramelized Onion and Bacon Cheddarwurst with Jalapeño Mayo
- Chipotle Sloppy Joes
- Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese
This sausage-based dish certainly packs a punch, and its low-maintenance prep makes it perfect for any party or gathering. Just toss all of the ingredients into a slow cooker and let cook on high until the cheese is melty and bubbly. Alternatively, you can prepare this recipe in a pot over the stove! Simply put, if you have a kitchen, you can make this dip.
- 1 lb Spicy Italian Sausage, browned and drained
- 16 oz Sour Cream
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 2 Cups Shredded Colby-Jack Cheese
- ¼ Cup Green Onion, sliced
- 1 Jalapeño, minced
- 1 Cup Salsa
- 1 Loaf Martin’s Potato Bread, baked into Toast Crackers
Why it Works
We love this dip for New Year’s Eve because it’s got just enough spice to keep it interesting, yet is palatable for those who don’t want to feel the burn all night. Plus, it’s got all the best elements of a great dip: flavorful meat, a few spices and herbs, and plenty of cheese.
“Dips for Days” – Similar Recipes
- Jalapeño Popper Cheese Ball
- Baked Five-Cheese Bacon Dip
- Slow Cooker Pizza Dip
- Warm Crab Dip
- Try these with: Martin’s Toast Crackers or Air Fryer Bread Chips
Did you know Martin’s Dinner Rolls can be flattened into a delicious base for flatbreads or pizzas? As such, it is transformed into a blank canvas for all kinds of tasty appetizers, including this buffalo chicken variation.
Once flattened and warmed, top your Martin’s flatbread with cream cheese, shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, shredded cheese, and bleu cheese. Then, place back in the oven until cheese is melted, and serve with a buffalo-yogurt drizzle and green onion!
- 1 Pack Martin’s Dinner Potato Rolls
- 2 Cups Rotisserie Chicken, shredded
- ½ Cup Green Onions, diced
- ½ Cup Buffalo Sauce
- 1 Celery Stalk, minced
- 1 Cup Whipped Cream Cheese
- 1 ½ Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ½ Cup Bleu Cheese
- 1/3 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
Why it works
Like most people, you’ve likely tried your fair share of buffalo chicken dishes. This flatbread is a fresh way to enjoy all of those flavors contrasted with the signature soft, slightly-sweet flavor of Martin’s Potato Rolls that you know and love.
“Buffalo Chicken Craze” – Similar Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
- Crispy Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Cheesesteak
- Buffalo Hot Dogs
Happy New Year!
From all of us here at Martin’s Famous Potato Rolls and Bread, we wish you a happy 2022! May this year bring joy to you and your family. We look forward to bringing you delicious recipes, informative blogs, and, of course, lots of delicious Martin’s Potato Rolls and Bread this coming year!
More New Year’s Party Inspiration:
View All New Year Blogs: https://potatorolls.com/blog/tag/new-year/
Our latest content, delivered straight to your inbox.
Be the first to hear about our newest recipes, tips, and company updates!