Swirl Month – Part 3: Cinnamon-Raisin Swirl Potato Bread
October 18, 2021
6 min. read
October is Martin’s Swirl Breads Month
Welcome! If you’ve been following along the past few weeks, we have been highlighting our delicious Swirl Breads on the blog, focusing on one variety each week with daily recipes and fun facts. Missed a week? Catch up at the links below!
Up this week: Martin’s Cinnamon-Raisin Swirl Potato Bread!
About Martin’s Cinnamon-Raisin Swirl Potato Bread
Out of our four Swirl Bread varieties, this one may be the most widely recognized. Martin’s Cinnamon-Raisin Swirl Potato Bread was the first breakfast-style bread in our product line; it was launched market-wide in 2013.
Now, of course, we won’t choose favorites among our Swirl products, but something about this tried-and-true classic has garnered the love of Martin’s fans everywhere. Bursting with sweet, juicy raisins and bold cinnamon flavor, all swirled into our classic potato bread, Martin’s Cinnamon Raisin Swirl is ideal for breakfast favorites, sweet-and-savory sandwiches, or for snacking right out of the bag. (And, of course, it makes a mean French toast!)
Its look has changed a few times over the years, but you’ll find it in your grocery’s bread aisle (along with other varieties) in its vibrant purple packaging—perfectly indicative of the bold flavor you’ll find inside every tasty slice!
If you haven’t picked up on the pattern yet, we love starting off the week with a tasty French toast! Break through the Monday blues with a stack of sweet, buttery swirl bread, pan-toasted and drizzled with maple syrup. What a great way to start your day! (OR—give yourself something to look forward to all day, and enjoy as breakfast-for-dinner.)
Pro tip: A good rule of thumb for making French toast is to use 1/4 cup milk and 1 egg per 2 slices of bread. Use this ratio to multiply the recipe as needed. Another tip is to let the eggs and milk come closer to room temperature before cooking.
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, plus extra for serving
- ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 4 Slices Martin’s Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Potato Bread
- ¼ – ½ Cup Milk
- Maple Syrup, for serving
Find the step-by-step instructions at: https://potatorolls.com/recipes/cinnamon-raisin-french-toast/
Fall is prime time to enjoy caramel apples—they’re the perfect treat amongst all the other seasonal festivities. Combine this famous flavor duo into a midday sweet treat by topping Cinnamon-Raisin Swirl Potato Bread with cream cheese, thinly sliced Granny Smith apple, and caramel drizzle!
Pro tip: Pair this tasty snack with a London Fog—an Earl Grey tea latte with notes of vanilla and lavender! Find the recipe in our Cozy Food and Drink Pairings blog.
- 1 Slice Martin’s Cinnamon-Raisin Swirl Potato Bread
- 1 Ounce Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Granny Smith Apple, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Prepared Caramel Sauce
Find the step-by-step instructions at: https://potatorolls.com/recipes/caramel-apple-swirl-bread-toast/
Martin’s Swirl Breads are great for more than just breakfasts and desserts. The bold cinnamon flavor adds a delectable twist to any sandwich and creates a unique sweet/savory contrast to fillings such as this curried chicken salad with celery, cashews, golden raisins, scallions, and cilantro. Try the combo for your next lunch!
Pro tip: Indian cuisine (e.g., curry) is famous for its inclusion of many fragrant and flavorful spices, such as coriander, cardamom, cumin, turmeric, ginger, clove, and cinnamon—which makes it the perfect savory accompaniment to our Cinnamon-Raisin Swirl!
- 3 Chicken Tenderloins, cooked and finely diced
- 1/2 Celery Stalk, finely diced
- 2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise, divided
- 1 Teaspoon Honey
- 1/2 Teaspoon Curry Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Pinch Salt and Black Pepper
- 1 Pinch Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Roasted Cashews, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Golden Raisins
- 1 Green Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 2 Slices Martin’s Cinnamon-Raisin Swirl Potato Bread, toasted
- 1/2 Cup Arugula or Lettuce
Find the step-by-step instructions at: https://potatorolls.com/recipes/curried-chicken-salad-sandwich/
Want French toast on the go? These mini French toast strata cups are perfect for whipping up a quick breakfast option for your family or sharing with coworkers for an early morning meeting! Use a 12-cup muffin tin and cubed Swirl Bread to conveniently prepare 12 servings at once!
Pro tip: These single-serving French toast muffins make a great freezer meal! Try preparing them ahead of time and freezing, then simply thaw and heat for a quick on-the-go breakfast or midday snack.
- 4 Cups Cubed (1-inch) Martin’s® Cinnamon-Raisin Swirl Potato Bread
- 6 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Half-and-Half
- 6 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 3 Tablespoons Salted Butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
Find the step-by-step instructions at: https://potatorolls.com/recipes/individual-cinnamon-raisin-french-toast-stratas/
Happy Friday! Reward yourself with a decadent dessert: warm and toasty swirl bread pudding filled with cinnamon apple pie filling, topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and hot caramel sauce.
Pro tip: This recipe was created by blogger/influencer Mother Thyme. To find out what else she had to say about Martin’s Cinnamon-Raisin Swirl Potato Bread, visit www.motherthyme.com.
- 1 Loaf Martin’s Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Potato Bread
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 21 Ounce Can Apple Pie Filling*
- 1/2 Cup (1 stick) Cold Butter, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 Cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 3/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- Vanilla Ice Cream, for serving (optional)
- Caramel Sauce, for serving (optional)
Find the step-by-step instructions at: https://potatorolls.com/recipes/apple-cinnamon-bread-pudding/
Kick off the weekend with a fancy breakfast casserole for the whole family. Cooked breakfast sausage combines with Martin’s Cinnamon Raisin Bread, chopped pecans, and a brown-sugar-and-butter glaze for a sweet and savory dish that’s so good you’ll want seconds.
Pro tip: For a more savory, less sweet option, try reducing the quantity of brown sugar in the topping and/or increasing the quantity of sausage to a full pound. (You can also try adding crumbled bacon!)
Bonus: Watch a video tutorial of this recipe on our YouTube channel!
- 1/2-1 Pound Pork Sausage
- 1 Loaf Martin’s Cinnamon-Raisin Swirl Potato Bread, lightly toasted; cubed
- 6 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Half-and-Half
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Cup Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter, softened
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
Find the step-by-step instructions at: https://potatorolls.com/recipes/cinnamon-raisin-bread-sausage-casserole/
Our Cinnamon-Raisin Swirl Potato Bread is basically begging to be made into an elevated grilled cheese sandwich. Prepare this “grown up” panini using thin-sliced deli-style ham, freshly shredded gruyere cheese, and chipotle mayo for a slight kick.
Pro tip: To make Homemade Chipotle Mayo: combine ¾ cup mayonnaise, 2 chipotle chilies (chopped) + 1 tbsp. adobo sauce, and 1 tsp. fresh lime juice. Stir to combine; alternately, blend in a food processor for a smoother consistency. Store remainder in a sealed container.
- 4 Slices Martin’s Cinnamon-Raisin Swirl Potato Bread
- 4 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 6 Slices Deli Ham
- 4 Ounces Shredded Gruyere Cheese
- 2 Teaspoon Chipotle Mayonnaise
Find the step-by-step instructions at: https://potatorolls.com/recipes/ham-and-gruyere-swirl-bread-panini/
Take a scroll through our image gallery below for more inspiration. And don’t forget to pick up a pack at a store near you!
Our latest content, delivered straight to your inbox.
Be the first to hear about our newest recipes, tips, and company updates!