Swirl Month – Part 1: Cinnamon-Sugar Swirl Potato Bread
October 4, 2021
6 min. read
October is Martin’s Swirl Breads Month
Hey Martin’s fans! Have you tried our line of sweet swirl breads yet? If not, allow us to introduce you! Since fall 2019, Martin’s has been baking four delicious swirl bread flavors (an expansion to our first swirl bread, Martin’s Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Potato Bread, which was introduced in 2012). Each flavor is unique in its own way—from the fall-forward flavor of Martin’s Maple Brown Sugar Swirl to the sweet-and-savory combo of Martin’s Cinnamon-Raisin Butter Bread—and together, all four breads make a delicious solution to mealtime favorites like French toast, sandwiches, and baked desserts!
To share our love for Martin’s Swirl Breads, we’re declaring October honorary Swirl Breads Month here at Martin’s! Each week in October, we’ll be bringing you a full recipe guide with 7 days’ worth of delicious recipes tailored to each of our four swirl breads!
Up first: Martin’s Cinnamon-Sugar Swirl Potato Bread!
About Martin’s Cinnamon-Sugar Swirl Potato Bread
Do your childhood memories include freshly baked cinnamon sticky buns on a Sunday morning or sweet and buttery cinnamon toast as an afterschool treat? Well, our Cinnamon-Sugar Swirl Potato Bread embodies that same nostalgic flavor, all wrapped up in a pretty, ruby-red package of deliciousness.
Inspired by our pastry shop roots, the sweet cinnamon-and-sugar-swirled slices are superb for a variety of baked goods and breakfast items, not to mention a quick snack straight out of the bag!
Whether you’re looking to indulge your inner child or just happy to have an alternative to our classic Cinnamon-Raisin Swirl that doesn’t contain raisins, this bread is for you!
Start off the week right with a simple favorite—the perfect French toast. With only five key ingredients, you’ll have this prepared in under 15 minutes. Enjoy for breakfast, brunch, or even dinner (we won’t judge)!
Pro tip: Using Martin’s Cinnamon-Sugar Swirl Potato Bread means there’s no need to add extra cinnamon or sugar. One step closer to an effortless meal!
- 6 Slices Martin’s Cinnamon-Sugar Swirl Potato Bread
- 1 Egg Yolk, room temperature
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream, room temperature
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- Optional toppings such as maple syrup, whipped cream, or powdered sugar
Find the step-by-step instructions at: https://potatorolls.com/recipes/decadent-cinnamon-sugar-swirl-french-toast.
Transform your cinnamon swirl bread into a grab-and-go snack (that’s much healthier than your typical prepackaged snack cake). With a simple mixture of butter, marshmallow crème, powdered sugar, and vanilla, you can whip these up in no time! Prepare a single serving as a midday snack, or an entire loaf worth as a treat for the office or your family’s dessert—the choice is yours.
Pro tip: Fall is the season of warm beverages and comfort food! Check out our Cozy Food and Drink Pairings blog to learn how to make Classic Mocha—the perfect companion to these Swirl Whoopie Pies!
- 2 Loaves Martin’s Cinnamon-Sugar Swirl Potato Bread (24 Slices), cut into rounds
- 1/2 Cup (1 Stick) Unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 Cups Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Pinch Salt
Find the step-by-step instructions at: https://potatorolls.com/recipes/cinnamon-sugar-swirl-whoopie-pies/
Recipe Note: Save your leftover scraps of bread for tomorrow’s recipe – the crusts and corners make excellent croutons!
Swirl through that midweek slump with a tasty and nutritious salad of mixed greens topped with grilled apple slices, toasted walnuts, blue cheese crumbles, a balsamic-citrus vinaigrette, and homemade swirl bread croutons!
Pro tip: To Make Croutons—cube a few slices of Martin’s Cinnamon-Sugar Swirl Potato Bread, toss with 1-2 tbsp. olive oil, then bake at 350°F until golden-brown and crispy, about 5-10 minutes. (Remember to use up any remaining bread scraps from yesterday’s snack.)
- 7-8 Tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
- 1/4 Cup Minced Fresh Cilantro
- 1/4 Cup Orange Juice
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sriracha
- 2 Large Apples, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 Package (5 Ounces) Mixed Salad Greens
- 1 Cup Walnut Halves, toasted
- 1/2 Cup Crumbled Blue Cheese
- 4 Slices Martin’s Cinnamon-Sugar Swirl Potato Bread
Find the step-by-step instructions at: https://potatorolls.com/recipes/grilled-apple-tossed-salad/
Become the MVP of your next office party or hosted gathering by preparing these stunning (and easy!) appetizers for your group. Or, set them out for your family to snack on while dinner is being prepared. However you plan to enjoy them, these mini swirl bread crostini with whipped ricotta and macerated stone fruit are sure to hit the spot.
Pro tip: To Make Crostini—Cut bread into quarters, brush with olive oil, then bake until golden-brown and lightly toasted, about 5-10 minutes. (Alternately, you can just toast the bread normally, then quarter it, for a quick-and-easy method).
- 2 Plums and/or Nectarines, halved, pitted, and thinly sliced
- 1 Cup Cherries, pitted and halved
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar, divided
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil, plus more for drizzling
- Flaky Sea Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Whole Milk Ricotta
- 6 Slices Martin’s Cinnamon-Sugar Swirl Potato Bread, toasted and quartered
Find the step-by-step instructions at: https://potatorolls.com/recipes/plum-and-cherry-bruschetta/
Celebrate the end of the work week with an indulgent dessert. Sweet potato pie bars are the ultimate taste of fall—toasted cinnamon-swirl-crumb-crust, sweet potato pie filling seasoned with cinnamon, ginger, and cloves, and a fluffy whipped topping! (We’re getting hungry just thinking about it!)
Pro tip: Find more desserts using bread crumb crust on our blog!
- 5-6 Slices Martin’s Cinnamon-Sugar Swirl Potato Bread, cubed
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 10 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (1 stick), melted
- 2 Cups Sweet Potato Puree
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Fine Salt
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Clove
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cream Of Tartar
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
Find the step-by-step instructions at: https://potatorolls.com/recipes/sweet-potato-pie-bars/
Sweeten up your Saturday with a delicious bread pudding bake—toasty bites of Martin’s Cinnamon Swirl Bread and dried cranberries, soaked in a spiced vanilla custard sauce, baked to perfection and topped with warm caramel sauce. Don’t wait for a special occasion to make this yummy dessert!
Pro tip: Martin’s Cinnamon-Sugar Swirl Bread is perfect for dishes like bread pudding and French toast casserole! Try using it with these other baked desserts in our recipes archive.
- 16 Slices Martin’s Cinnamon-Sugar Swirl Potato Bread, cubed
- 1 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 2 Cans (12-Oz.) Evaporated Milk
- 4 Large Eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, melted
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- Caramel Sauce (Optional)
Find the step-by-step instructions at: https://potatorolls.com/recipes/cranberry-bread-pudding/
What did we say about cinnamon buns being perfect for slow Sunday mornings? Wake your household to the smell of freshly baked sweet rolls made from Martin’s Cinnamon-Sugar Swirl Potato Bread! From the cream cheese icing inside to the pecan-caramel topping, we can’t decide on our favorite part!
Pro tip: Watch a step-by-step video tutorial for this recipe on our YouTube channel!
- 2 Loaves Martin’s Cinnamon Sugar Swirl Potato Bread
- 16 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 1/3 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract, divided
- 2 ½ Sticks Butter, divided
- 1 Tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Cup Honey
- 1 Cup Pecans (or Walnuts)
Find the step-by-step instructions at: https://potatorolls.com/recipes/cinnamon-roll-bread-bake/
Take a scroll through our image gallery below for more inspiration. And don’t forget to pick up a pack today at a store near you!
Our latest content, delivered straight to your inbox.
Be the first to hear about our newest recipes, tips, and company updates!