Product Highlight: Martin’s Potato Bread
Bacon Grilled Cheese on Martin’s Potato Bread
If you’re reading this, chances are you have heard of, or are curious about, potato bread. Perhaps you are familiar with our Hamburger (Sandwich) and Hotdog (Long) Potato Buns but have never tried our sliced bread before. Or maybe you are well-acquainted with our potato bread and looking for some yummy new recipes to try.
Well you’ve come to the right place! Read on for some more details and fun facts about Martin’s Famous Potato Bread, plus dozens of exciting recipes created just for you.
About Martin’s Potato Bread
Our Potato Bread has been part of our product line for quite some time and is one of our best-sellers, behind our famous Sandwich and Long Potato Rolls. This soft and slightly sweet bread is made with the same base dough as our potato roll products and is great year-round for sandwiches and the like.
Made with potato flour and high-protein, unbleached wheat flour, our potato bread is based on a traditional Pennsylvania Dutch recipe that has been passed down for generations. Our use of other high-quality ingredients such as real milk, butter, sugar, and sunflower oil, is part of what gives this bread its unique sweet, buttery taste and soft, pillowy texture. In addition, its elasticity and structure helps it hold up to a variety of toppings without falling apart or getting soggy. It tastes great lightly toasted or fresh out of the bag!
Kids and parents alike love this bread! Kids—for the soft texture and sweet taste that makes their lunchtime sandwiches extra delicious; and parents—for the “hidden” nutrition that they can feel good about serving to their family.
Classic Reuben on Martin’s Potato Bread
Still have questions about what makes potato bread different from ordinary bread? Here are some answers to frequently asked questions. (Otherwise, feel free to skip ahead to the recipes!)
Responses to common misconceptions about potato bread:
- Our Potato Bread is not gluten-free.
Many people assume that the potato component of our bread replaces wheat as a main ingredient. However, our bread includes potato flour in addition to traditional wheat flour. The gluten found in wheat is essential to the soft texture and smooth consistency of Martin’s bread and roll products.
- Potato bread does not taste like potatoes.
Don’t let the idea of potatoes in your bread stop you from trying it! Ask any fan of potato bread and they will tell you that the flavor does not resemble actual potatoes. In reality, the addition of potato flour in our bread products simply adds a subtle sweetness and softer texture.
- It tastes equally great with a variety of flavors.
To some people, the idea of “potato” in bread may make them think of a more savory flavor profile, preventing them from using it for their beloved PB&J’s or sweet bread puddings. However, the subtle sweetness of this bread actually makes it equally suitable for sweet and savory recipes. Don’t be afraid to adopt it as your new “everyday bread” for French toast, grilled cheese, lunch box sandwiches, and more!
Learn more about our baking process here: https://potatorolls.com/blog/science-of-baking.
Potato Bread was first introduced to the market in 1994, after Martin’s purchased another plant in Shippensburg, PA to assist in the production of this bread. That facility has since closed and potato bread is now produced in our Chambersburg bakery.
More Facts about Martin’s Potato Bread:
- 90 Calories per serving (slice)
- Made with high-quality ingredients including high protein unbleached wheat flour, nonfat milk, potato flour, pure cane sugar, yeast, and real butter.
- No High Fructose Corn Syrup
- No Artificial Dyes
- No Azodicarbonamide (ADA)
- No Trans Fats
- No Cholesterol
- Kosher classification of “K Dairy”
- Contains B Vitamins and Calcium
Find more information about this product at: https://potatorolls.com/products/potato-bread
* * *
Classic BLT on Martin’s Potato Bread
Potato Bread Product Reviews:
Check out what some of our customers had to say about this featured product:
- “I love Martin’s Potato Bread. The only bread I use for a BLT. Enjoy it all year ’round!” (via Facebook.com)
- “My all-time favorite bread. So soft, and really pleasantly chewy! I prefer this over other breads. I love that it’s made with unbleached flour. This is so good, I don’t even mind eating the loaf ends!” (via Influenster.com)
- “This potato bread is so good. My mother always buys it. It’s so fluffy and soft and it tastes so good. I eat it all the time.” (via Influenster.com)
- “Absolutely delicious sandwich bread, with no high-fructose corn syrup. You cannot go wrong with Martin’s Potato Bread. Softest bread there is.” (via Walmart.com)
- “The BEST BREAD there is! Stays moist, lasts longer than plain white bread. Also tastes way better. I refuse to buy any other type and brand of bread.” (via Walmart.com)
- “I’ve tried so many brands of bread. This is the only one that tastes good and stays moist.” (via Walmart.com)
* * *
Featured Recipes: Fall Sandwich Melts
The thick slices and soft yet sturdy structure of our Potato Bread makes it perfect for toast and sandwiches. You’ll love these open-faced sandwich melts with seasonal flavors to get you ready for fall!
Caramelized Apple, Tarragon, and Cheddar Melt
Cheddar cheese and apples complement each other wonderfully, and this recipe takes that magical combo up a notch with an extra seasonal flair. First, the honeycrisp apples are caramelized with butter and sugar, then flavored with some chopped tarragon. Next, slices of Martin’s Potato Bread are topped with sharp cheddar and the caramelized apples and broiled until warm and toasty. Try it for a light brunch or midday snack!
Kale and Sausage Melt
This comforting fall dish pairs crumbled hot Italian sausage with seasonal kale, sautéed onions, and tart lemon juice, and is served on lightly toasted potato bread with sharp provolone melted over the top. The Martin’s Potato Bread adds a necessary touch of sweetness to bring together all the flavors into one deliciously satisfying meal.
Or—try using Martin’s Potato Bread for these other yummy options!
- Portobello, Broccoli, & Red Pepper Melts
- Open-Faced Ham, Pear, & Cheese Melt
- Simple Garlic Butter Mushroom & Provolone Melts
- Wild Mushroom Melt with Fontina & Sage
* * *
More Potato Bread Recipes:
Not only is Martin’s Potato Bread great for sandwich melts and grilled cheese, you can also use it in casseroles, bread pudding, or any number of creative meals! Use it for kids’ lunches, picnics, tea parties, and weeknight meal preps—it may become your new standard.
Check out all the different ways you can enjoy this product below, or visit our recipes archive for more delicious inspiration!
Croutons & Creative Uses
Tea Sandwiches & Toasts
Subscribe and Stay Connected
All of our blog posts, straight to your inbox.Subscribe