You probably have a muffin pan stored amongst your kitchen accessories, but how often do you make use of it? Once a month? Less? Let’s change that! Have you ever thought of using your muffin pan for more than just muffins or cupcakes? This common kitchen tool can also be used to create perfect molds for mini portions of your favorite meals.
Make breakfast fun by using a muffin tin to make individual servings of quiches, omelets, or baked French toast. These also make great make-ahead freezer meals. Get the recipes below:
Muffin Tin Recipes
Quiche Toast Cups
These mini quiches use Martin’s Potato Bread as crust and make the perfect 30-minute meal for your family. Great for breakfast or brunch!
- Sauté onion and bacon about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cut 6 slices Martin’s Potato Bread into circles using a cookie cutter or glass, then flatten with a rolling pin. Press bread into the muffin tin cups.
- Dry out the bread cups in the oven for 3 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Whisk together egg, milk, parsley and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Divide the bacon mixture between the 6 toast cups, then add the cheese.
- Divide the egg mixture among the cups. Bake in 350°F oven for 12-15 minutes until the top is lightly golden and the filling is set.
- Remove from oven and rest for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with extra parsley, and serve warm.
Omelet Toast Cups
This all-in-one breakfast option creates mini omelets inside Martin’s 100% Whole Wheat Potato Bread toast cups. You can customize each omelet with a variety of different ingredients like onions, peppers, sausage, ham, cheese, etc.
- Grease muffin tins using butter or cooking spray.
- Cut bread into circles using a cookie cutter, then flatten with a rolling pin.
- Place 1 bread circle in each muffin tin cup. Bake in oven for 2-3 minutes to dry out the bread slightly. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Add desired toppings (peppers, meat, etc.) to each bread cup.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper to taste. Pour some of the egg mixture into each tin, dividing evenly. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake in 350°F oven for about 20 minutes, or until the egg is cooked through. Remove from oven and let cool for 1 minute.
- Remove omelets from pan by running a knife around the edges, then gently lifting them out. Serve warm.Make ahead tip: store your omelets in the freezer, then microwave for a couple of minutes for a quick breakfast.
Cinnamon French Toast Muffins
Use a muffin tin for your favorite French toast bake to create perfectly sized portions. Serve with maple syrup or a simple powdered sugar glaze.
- Grease a muffin tin with butter or cooking spray.
- Arrange cubed Martin’s Potato Bread on a baking sheet, and dry out in oven for about 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add the (lightly toasted) cubed bread to the bowl and fold until combined and bread has absorbed the liquid.
- Divide the bread mixture among the muffin tin cups.
- Bake French toast cups in 350°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes until slightly crisp on top and cooked throughout. Remove from oven and allow the cups to cool for 5 minutes.
- Scoop out each muffin and serve topped with maple syrup or vanilla glaze (confectioner’s sugar + vanilla extract + milk).
Our latest content, delivered straight to your inbox.
Be the first to hear about our newest recipes, tips, and company updates!