Funnel Cake Burger
¼ Cup Milk
1 Tablespoon Water
½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Tablespoon Granulated Sugar
¾ Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Pinch Salt
½ Cup All Purpose Flour
4 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
4 Martin’s Sandwich Potato Rolls
1 1/2 Pounds Ground Beef, formed into 8 patties
Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
8 Slices Cheddar Cheese
For the funnel cakes:
- In large liquid measuring cup or batter bowl with spout, whisk together milk, egg, water, and vanilla.
- Add sugar, baking powder, and salt and whisk until combined.
- Add flour and whisk until completely smooth. Set aside.
- In medium, deep-sided pan or pot, heat 1″ of oil to 375°F over medium-high heat. Once at temperature, reduce heat to medium.
- Drizzle batter from cup in a thin line, swirling around the pan and overlapping in a circle about the size of a burger patty. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until light golden brown, then flip and cook another 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. (This will make more than four burger-sized funnel cakes; enjoy leftovers!)
- Remove funnel cakes from oil and drain on paper towel. Repeat until all batter has been used. Dust with powdered sugar and set aside.
For the burgers:
- Place burger patties on large pan over medium-high heat. Salt and pepper burger patties to taste, and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, until done in the middle.
- Top each burger with cheddar cheese slice.
- Assemble Funnel Cake Burgers. Place each burger on bottom Martin’s Sandwich Potato Roll, top with funnel cake, add second patty and top of roll with bacon jam spread.
Funnel cake recipe adapted from: https://www.spendwithpennies.com/funnel-cake