Festive Christmas Toasts
8 Slices Martin’s Old-Fashioned Butter Bread (lightly toasted, if desired)
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
1-2 Tablespoons Chocolate-Hazelnut Spread
3-4 Bananas, sliced
16 Blueberries (about ½ cup)
2-3 Strawberries, sliced
8 Mini Pretzels
1/2 Cup Shredded Coconut
1/4 Cup Chocolate Chips
For the Reindeer Toasts:
1. Spread 1 tbsp. peanut butter onto four slices of Butter Bread. Place a mini pretzel on the top two corners of each slice.
2. Add two banana slides to the top-center of each slice of bread, pressing gently to adhere to the peanut butter.
3. Use a utensil to add a small dot of chocolate-hazelnut spread to each of eight blueberries (or use your hand to dunk them into a dish with some chocolate spread in it), then place each blueberry atop one of the banana slices to form the reindeers’ eyes.
4. Place a raspberry in the center of each toast, just below the banana-and-blueberry eyes.
5. Place a row of chocolate chips in a curved pattern along the bottom of each toast to form a smile.
For the Santa Toasts:
1. Spread 1 tbsp. peanut butter onto four slices of Butter Bread. Angle the toasts so that one of the bottom corners of the bread is pointed down.
2. Place a row of banana slices along the two bottom edges of each toast, to form Santa’s beard.
3. Just above the banana, place one raspberry to form Santa’s nose. Then place two blueberries above each raspberry to form the eyes.
4. Take a strawberry slice, spread or dunk it lightly in the chocolate-hazelnut spread, then place it at the top corner of each toast, slightly off to the left-hand side, with the strawberry point facing up. Repeat with a second strawberry slice (for each toast), dunked lightly in chocolate-hazelnut spread, and place it partway atop the first strawberry slice, slightly off to the right-hand side. These two overlapping strawberry slices will form the top of Santa’s hat.
5. Onto each toast, below the strawberry hat and above the blueberry eyes, sprinkle some shredded coconut to form the base of Santa’s hat.