Martin’s Video Scholarship
$3,000 Grand Prize
Martin’s® is offering scholarship prizes of up to $3,000 to eligible students who create a video advertisement to promote Martin’s® new Sweet Dinner and/or Sweet Party Potato Rolls. Students may create a video ad for either YouTube or Instagram Reels.
The student with the best advertisement for each category will be awarded $3,000. Two runners-up will also be chosen for each category and will be awarded $1,500 and $500, respectively. Videos will be used in Martin’s® Sweet Mini Moments campaign throughout April 2023.
All Submissions are due by February 1, 2023
The submission period has ended.
Thank you to everyone who submitted entries to this year’s Martin’s Video Scholarship. Martin’s marketing department enjoyed watching your videos. We are excited to share this year’s scholarship winners! We chose winners based on our video requirements and judging criteria: integration and promotion of our Sweet Dinner and Party Potato Rolls; messaging clarity, creativity and uniqueness; aesthetic, editing, and visual quality.
YouTube Video Category:
- 1st Place: Danny Loving, Messiah University, PA
- 2nd Place: William Davis, Wiregrass Georgia Technical College, GA
- 3rd Place: Cole McCowen, Shippensburg University, PA
Instagram Reels Category:
- 1st Place: Sophia Layton, Penn State Mont Alto, PA
- 2nd Place: Noah Wiley, Messiah University, PA
If you are looking for an internship or job, we encourage you to check out available opportunities at Martin’s here: https://potatorolls.com/careers.
- First Place: $3,000
- Second Place: $1,500
- Third Place: $500
Note: There will be two winners for each place (1st, 2nd, 3rd); one for each video category (Instagram Reels and YouTube).
- Must be a legal resident of the United States who is 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.
- Must be a full-time or part-time undergraduate student at the time of entry.
- Must attend a college or university within 100 miles of Martin’s Chambersburg, PA bakery or Martin’s Valdosta, GA bakery at the time of entry.
- Must physically reside within 100 miles of Martin’s Chambersburg, PA bakery or Martin’s Valdosta, GA bakery at the time of entry.
- Martin’s has the right to verify the eligibility of each entrant.
- For more information, please see the Official Rules.
Video Technical Specifications
- YouTube ad: 30 seconds – 1 minute, horizontal video (1920×1080), mp4 format
- Instagram Reels ad: 15-30 seconds, vertical video (1080×1920), mp4 format
Note: Entrant may choose from either video format for their submission.
Video Submission Requirements
- Winning ads will be used in a spring campaign. Please keep this in mind when creating your content (i.e., no snowy/wintry scenes, no holiday-inspired videos).
- Be careful not to use copywritten music in your ad.
- The video should be the original work of the entrant produced for this Contest.
- The video should feature Sweet Party Potato Rolls and/or Sweet Dinner Potato Rolls
- The video should incorporate the Martin’s Famous Potato Bread and Rolls logo and the packaging for Sweet Party Potato Rolls and/or Sweet Dinner Potato Rolls
- The video should not include or reference any other brands
- The video should be approximately 15-30 seconds in duration for the Instagram Reels video or 30 seconds – 1 minute for the YouTube video. Entrant may decide which video to make.
- Additional requirements for video submissions are set forth in the Official Rules under the heading “Additional Video Submission Guidelines and Restrictions.”
Campaign Target Audience
Video submissions should be targeted toward one or more of the following groups:
- Moms with young children (ages 3-18)
- Foodies, M/F, ages 25-34
- Fairly affluent and/or college-educated
- Predominantly East Coast with select Midwest markets
For Instagram – This is a fast-growing platform, especially among younger users, with a strong emphasis on mobile use and visual sharing. We see many “foodie” influencers on this platform due to the visual nature of the content.
For YouTube – Our YouTube audience is primarily men with an interest in traditionally masculine “foodie” content such as burger and grilling tutorials. Our goal is to curate “meatier” content to reach this target audience.
- Integration and promotion of Martin’s products and brand image: 25% weight
- Messaging clarity: 25% weight
- Creativity and uniqueness: 25% weight
- Aesthetic, editing, and visual quality: 25% weight