Busy weeknights call for quick and easy dinners that require little to no prep. When you’re longing for a nice hot meal but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen, turn to your slow cooker. With your slow cooker, you can simply add your meal ingredients in the morning, then “set it and forget it.” Let it do all the cooking while you go to work or run errands; when dinner time comes around, you’ll have a hot and ready meal waiting for you!
The best crock pot recipes are ones where the flavors meld together, becoming more complex, the longer they’ve been cooking. This works great for shredded meats like buffalo chicken or barbecue brisket, or for soups or sauces like chili or sloppy joes.
We love slow cooker recipes for all of these reasons—reduced prep time, easy clean up, and the great taste that comes from letting all of the flavors cook together over a long period of time.
Slow cookers are especially great for hot sandwich recipes; just let everything cook together, then remove and place it on your roll with any extra toppings. The bun helps add a contrasting texture and flavor to the slow-cooked filling and allows for versatility. Martin’s larger rolls like our Hoagie Rolls and “Big Marty’s” are perfect for piling high with your favorite slow cooker sandwich recipes like Italian Beef or Chicken Bacon Ranch. Get the recipes below!
This slow cooker version of the classic Chicago-style sandwich really elevates the flavors in a dynamic way; the longer it cooks, the more the flavors incorporate.
Serves 6; 5 Min Prep; 8 Hrs, 5 Min Total
- 3 Pounds Chuck Roast, trimmed and cut into cubes
- 1 (0.7 oz) Packet Italian Dressing Seasoning
- 8 Ounces Pepperoncini (or Banana Peppers), plus some juice
- 8 Ounces Giardiniera (Italian-Style Pickled Vegetables), drained
- 2 Cups Beef Broth
- 12 Slices Provolone Cheese
- 6 Martin’s Hoagie Rolls
- Place chuck roast, Italian dressing seasoning, pepperoncini peppers (with juice), giardiniera, and beef broth into a slow cooker.
- Cover with lid and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Shred beef with a fork, then cook on low for 1 more hour.
- Remove shredded beef and place on Martin’s Hoagie Rolls.
- Top each sandwich with 2 slices provolone, and extra pepperoncini and giardiniera, if desired.
The super creamy combination of shredded chicken, cream cheese, bacon, and ranch seasoning, goes perfectly with Martin’s “Big Marty’s” Rolls and a few dill pickle chips for a contrasting bite.
Serves 6; 10 Min Prep; 8 Hrs, 10 Min Total
- 2 Pounds Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 16 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 1-2 Ounces Ranch Dressing Seasoning
- 8 Ounces Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- 6 Martin’s “Big Marty’s” Rolls
- Dill Pickles, for serving
- Lightly spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Add chicken.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the cream cheese, ranch dressing seasoning (use more or less to your preference), and cooked bacon. Spread over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours, until chicken shreds easily.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks and stir together well in the slow cooker so chicken is coated.
- Serve chicken mixture on rolls and top with shredded cheese. Stick under the broiler for about 45 seconds just until cheese is melted.
- Serve with dill pickle slices.
Our latest content, delivered straight to your inbox.
Be the first to hear about our newest recipes, tips, and company updates!