More Than a Meal: Mother’s Day Brunch Bar
May 8, 2017
3 min. read
Mother’s Day Brunch: Toast Bar
Make Mother’s Day “more than a meal” with a Build Your Own Toast Bar. Decorate a long table or countertop with flowers and other festive décor. Then arrange a variety of different breads, fruits, spreads, and toppings; and let everyone make their own special toast creations. You’ll have a blast trying out different combinations of toppings! Plus, this simple-to-prepare brunch is something kids can help set up to give Mom a break from cooking.
Here are some ingredient ideas for your Toast Bar:
- Martin’s Potato Bread: With a subtle sweetness and a light, buttery taste, this classic is great paired with your favorite combos—from peanut butter to fruit spreads.
- Martin’s 100% Whole Wheat Potato Bread: Add a touch of whole grains to your meal (15g per serving); pair this great-tasting bread with favorites like Greek yogurt and fresh fruit.
- Martin’s Old-Fashioned Real Butter Bread: The newest addition to our bread family goes great with all kinds of flavors; try it with a honey-butter spread or topped with cinnamon & sugar!
- Martin’s Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Potato Bread: This sweet treat pairs well with sweet and savory toppings alike! Try it with options like honey or cream cheese with berries.
- Raspberry Jam
- Strawberry Jelly
- Grape Jelly
- Blackberry Jam
- Apricot Jam
- Greek Yogurt
- Chocolate-Hazelnut Spread
- Almond Butter
- Peanut Butter
- Ricotta Cheese
- Cream Cheese
- Banana Slices
- Avocado (optional)
- Chopped Almonds
- Chopped Peanuts
- Graham Cracker Crumbles
- Raisins or Dried Cranberries
- Shaved White Chocolate
- Shaved Milk or Dark Chocolate
- Herbs (Mint, Thyme, Basil)
Additional Equipment & Décor
- Cookie Cutters (optional)
- Signage & Labels
- Balloons or other decorations
- Paper Plates, Cups, & Napkins
- Plastic Utensils
Build Your Own Toast
Once you have your toast bar set up, have everyone serve themselves buffet-style.
- Pick your choice of bread
- Toast it to your desired level
- Add your favorite spread(s)
- Top with any desired fruit, nuts, and other toppings
With such a wide variety of spreads and toppings at your brunch bar, you can create any number of delicious toasts! Whether sweet or savory, or a combination of the two, everyone will find flavors that suit them. You can add a bright pop from fresh fruits and herbs, or a salty bite from chopped nuts or cheeses; the possibilities are endless.
Try pairing fruits and nuts together or use a mixture of spreads for the perfect salty-sweet balance. Build one of the below combinations or create your own!
- Martin’s Butter Bread with Butter & Cinnamon-Sugar
- Martin’s Whole Wheat Potato Bread with Cream Cheese, Raspberries, Blackberries, & Basil
- Martin’s Butter Bread with Almond Butter, Grape Jelly, & Graham Cracker Crumbles
- Martin’s Whole Wheat Potato Bread with Ricotta Cheese, Fresh Berries, & Shaved White Chocolate
- Martin’s Whole Wheat Potato Bread with Almond Butter, Banana Slices, and Blueberries
- Martin’s Potato Bread with Chocolate-Hazelnut Spread & Chopped Peanuts
- Martin’s Whole Wheat Potato Bread with Raspberry Jam, Raspberries, & Thyme
- Martin’s Potato Bread with Ricotta, Honey, Lemon, & Basil
- Martin’s Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Potato Bread with Honey & Banana Slices
- Martin’s Butter Bread with Butter, Honey, & Sea Salt
- Martin’s Whole Wheat Potato Bread with Ricotta Cheese, Honey, & Blueberries
- Martin’s Butter Bread with Greek Yogurt, Fresh Blackberries, Almonds, Shaved Milk Chocolate, & Fresh Mint
You can also add more savory ingredients such as sliced avocado, spinach or kale, and fried or poached eggs to your breakfast bar for additional options like the toasts shown below.
Our latest content, delivered straight to your inbox.
Be the first to hear about our newest recipes, tips, and company updates!