- Check out our printable Seasonal Produce Guide for the top 15 spring produce including helpful facts such as:
- When they’re in season
- Growing and harvesting tips
- What to look for
- How to prepare them
- And more!
- These State Guides from about.com can help you discover the best seasonal produce for your region.
- Use this Seasonal Ingredient Map from Epicurious to see what’s fresh in your area every month.
Home Gardening Tips
- Deter pests naturally through companion planting or other simple remedies.
- You can use Epsom salt in your garden to help with things like: plant growth, nutrient uptake, deterring pests, and increasing flavor.
- Baking soda also has numerous applications in gardening such as sweetening tomatoes, battling mildew, use as a pesticide, or freshening soil.
- Find more gardening “cheats” at http://bestplants.com/garden
- Did you know there are some plants you can regrow from scraps?
- There are 6 major types of soil. Learning to recognize each type can help you become a better gardener as you discover which plants respond best to which soils.
- You can reference the Farmer’s Almanac for more in-depth information about your favorite plants and veggies.
- http://veggieharvest.com is another helpful resource for all sorts of gardening tips and tricks
- Check out this guide for 6 Steps to Mastering the Farmer’s Market
- Use this Farmer’s Market Locator to find one near you
Try out your new gardening knowledge with these homegrown recipes!
Check out our Pinterest Page for more fun recipe ideas!
Looking for more springtime activities? Check out this blog post for some fun ideas!
“My garden is my most beautiful masterpiece” – Claude Monet
Subscribe and Stay Connected
All of our blog posts, straight to your inbox.Subscribe