Bright & Springy 7-Day Meal Plan
March 30, 2020
5 min. read
Looking for some fresh and exciting meals to awaken you from your winter slumber? This spring-themed 7-day meal plan features bright and vibrant flavors like lemon juice, basil, dill, tarragon, arugula, cucumber, and chives, along with lean proteins such as chicken and salmon. We’ve carefully handpicked a week’s worth of meal selections that are light, refreshing, and oh-so-appetizing.
Before you begin:
- Decide when you would like to start your week-long meal plan. If you already have the ingredients you need for Day 1, go ahead and start now! If not—take a look through the recipes and plan out your next shopping trip; then decide on what day of the week you would like each meal to fall. (Note: if you start next Monday, April 6—the last recipe will fall on Easter Sunday.)
- Pay attention to servings and portion sizes. Most of the recipes are for 4 servings, unless otherwise noted; adjust as needed to suit your family. You may also decide to increase the number of servings to accommodate future leftovers.
- Check out the resources at the bottom of this post! We’ve put together a handy Shopping Checklist and Printable Recipes Guide so you can have everything you need to shop and prepare these 7 recipes! For the shopping checklist, you’ll want to go through and first check off any kitchen staples or other ingredients you already have at home before heading out to the grocery store. This should make for quick and easy shopping. Enjoy!
Here’s a preview of the week’s meals. Click on any day to skip straight to that recipe.
- Chicken Piccata Sandwich
- Potato Bread Quiche
- Garlic-Dill Pulled Chicken Sliders
- Sheet Pan Broccoli Bake
- Salmon BLT
- Spring Panzanella with Grilled Chicken and Tarragon Pesto
- Overnight Croque Monsieur Casserole
Day 1 – Chicken Piccata Sandwich
This lighter take on chicken piccata makes a wonderfully fresh springtime meal. Instead of serving alongside a plate of spaghetti, pile your crispy chicken cutlet onto a bed of lemony arugula with julienned apples and shallots, atop a slice of toasted Martin’s Butter Bread. Finish off the open-faced sandwich with freshly shaved parmesan cheese and some flavorful pan sauce of butter, lemon juice, white wine, chicken stock, and capers. Garnish with fresh parsley, and enjoy!
Day 2 – Potato Bread Quiche Lorraine
This savory tart is a unique variation on the French-style quiche Lorraine. It begins with a layer of Martin’s Potato Bread slices in the bottom of a pie pan (a fantastic shortcut from the traditional baked pastry crust). The next layer is shredded hash brown potatoes, followed by a savory egg custard combined with sautéed bacon, onions, garlic, and thyme. To finish it off, some sliced summer sausage and shredded gruyere cheese build the final layer, forming a delicious golden crust after some time in the oven. A perfect combination of heart-warming comfort food and fresh seasonal flavors—just what’s needed for the “in-between” season of spring.
Day 3 – Garlic-Dill Pulled Chicken Sliders
After a winter season of heavy soups, stews, and casseroles, some bright and vibrant dishes are a welcome change of pace. These flavor-packed chicken sliders are just that. A tart and tangy dressing of lemon juice, garlic paste, olive oil, pickled banana peppers, fresh dill, and black pepper, which acts as the marinade for the juicy shredded rotisserie chicken, provides a nice sour kick to wake up your tastebuds. Meanwhile, fresh slices of Roma tomato and Kirby cucumber add a cooling balance. Martin’s Dinner Potato Rolls are the vehicle for it all, creating cute single portions, which you can easily scale to suit your desired serving size.
Day 4 – Mediterranean Sheet Pan Broccoli Bake
Is there any better way to show off the season’s fresh produce than with a veggie-centric main course? This healthy sheet pan meal is action-packed with roasted broccoli and bell peppers, marinated artichokes, lemon, fresh herbs, cheese, and toasted cubed Martin’s Dinner Potato Rolls. Enjoy this dish as-is for a simple vegetarian option or add your own favorite additions such as creamy burrata cheese, roasted mushrooms, prosciutto, salmon, or Italian sausage.
Day 5 – Salmon BLT
If you started this weekly meal plan on a Monday, then this recipe will make a great “Fish Friday” meal, especially if you’re currently observing Lent. The addition of some pan-fried salmon to your classic BLT makes this a more robust dish that is perfect for dinnertime. On top of that, a complementary dill-yogurt sauce and some crispy bacon (or bacon alternative) add the perfect finishing touch.
Day 6 – Spring Panzanella Salad with Grilled Chicken & Tarragon Pesto
Keeping with the “fresh” theme, this springy recipe highlights numerous seasonal delights, from fresh herbs like tarragon and parsley, to shallots, cucumbers, radishes, and baby greens. (Bonus points if you have any of these growing in your own garden!) The best part of this recipe is the creative toppings: juicy grilled chicken topped with homemade tarragon pesto, and garlicky Martin’s Butter Bread crouton wedges!
Day 7 – Overnight Croque Monsieur Casserole
Thyme is a wonderful year-round herb—its fragrant oils add a delightful floral note that is so welcoming of spring. And that’s only one of the many highlights of this savory casserole! With powerful ingredients like sautéed onions and garlic, Dijon mustard, Canadian bacon, gruyere cheese, (and even a dash of hot sauce), this creamy, cheesy baked casserole—made with Martin’s Butter Bread—makes the ultimate Sunday brunch or weekend dinner. (And hey—if you time it right, this would be a perfect Easter recipe to use up some of that leftover ham!)
Download our Printable Resources:
- Bright & Springy 7-Day Meal Plan – Shopping Checklist
- Bright & Springy 7-Day Meal Plan – Recipes Guide
Be sure to pin this meal plan to your Pinterest board for quick and easy access!
Our latest content, delivered straight to your inbox.
Be the first to hear about our newest recipes, tips, and company updates!